Academic title: 2004, School of Computer Science, University UNION, Belgrade
PhD: 1993, Faculty of Technology - Belgrade
MSc: 1990F, aculty of Electrical Engineering - Belgrade
Bsc: 1981, Faculty of Electrical Engineering - Belgrade
Dr Stevan Milinkovic was born on 21/12/1955. in Belgrade, where he finished elementary and high school. he enrolled Faculty of Electrical Engineering in Belgrade where he graduated at the Department of Electronics in 1981. He has successfully completed postgraduate studies at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering in Belgrade, at the Department of electronics in 1990. He received his PhD in 1993 at the Faculty of Technology and Metallurgy with the thesis "Contribution to the study of stability and control of the process of drawing optical fiber." From 1983 he worked as a research assistant in the Institute "Boris Kidrič - Vinca", and after that, from 1986 in the Military Technical Institute as independent researcher. He was involved in modeling the mechanisms and devices for the detection of toxic substances, as well as recognition techniques of chemical spectra, and he participated in several projects that require a multidisciplinary approach. He made over 40 different microprocessor devices, measuring instruments, softwares and embedded computer systems. From the beginning of the school year 1991/92 he worked as professor assistant at the Faculty of Technology and Metallurgy in subjects: automatic control and industrial measurement and measurement and control processes. He was appointed as associate professor in 1999 for subjects: process control and digital automation systems. From 2003 to 2004 he worked at theSchool of Computer Science, University UNION in Belgrade as an associate professor, and in 2004 he was appointed full professor for the scientific field of computer science. In the period from 2003 to 2007, he was the dean of the Faculty of Computer Sciences in Belgrade (for two terms). He has participated in international development projects of industrial software, together with companies from the USA (Information Technology Resources), Canada (Soft Maple), Japan (Comoros) and South Africa (General Optical). In the period from 2000 to 2002 he lived in Canada, where he was head of development teams in companies Quatrosense Environmental Limited (Richmond, Ontario) in a joint project with NASA SSC, USA, Chrysalis-ITS (Ottawa, Ontario) in joint projects with Macnica, Japan and Entrust, USA. He is member of IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers), ACM (Association for Computing Machinery), IEEE Computer Society, IEEE Tehnical Committees (Operating Systems and Application Environments, Real-Time Systems, Software Engineering, Test Technology), IEEE Technical Councils (TCSE - Software Process, TCSE - Standards (SECS)), Belgrade Chamber of Commerce, the Board of Association of IT activities, the New York Academy of Sciences, Marquis Who's Who in Science and Engineering, 8th edition, 2005-2006.
Scientific and professional production
1. Milinković, S.: Autoscaling Software JPEG Decoder for Embedded Systems. Proc. econd Mediterranean Conference on Embedded Computing (MECO) Budva, Montenegro, June 16-20 (2013) 101-104.
2. Živković, I., M. Tomić, Lj. Brajović, S. Milinković, R. Aleksić, "Ballistic damage detection in thermoplastic composite laminates by means of embedded optical fibers" Journal of Advanced Materials, 39 (3) (2007) 41-49.
3. Milinković, S.: Some applications of p-PRBS signals in frequency domain measurements. Proc. Second Mediterranean Conference on Embedded Computing (MECO) Budva, Montenegro, June 16-20 (2013) 204-207.
4. Debeljković, D., M.Lazarević, S.Stojanović, M.Jovanović, S.Milinković, “Discrete Time Delayed System Stability Theory in the Sense of Lyapunov: New Results”, Dynamics of Continuous, Discrete and Impulsive System, Series B(12b) (2005) 431–443.
5. Milinković, S.: An OM1 optical fiber as a mechanical sensor for high impact measurements. Proc. Mediterranean Conference on Embedded Computing (MECO – 2012) Bar, Montenegro, June 19-21 (2012) 50-53.
6. Lazarević, M. P., D. Lj. Debeljković, Z. Lj. Nenadić, S. A. Milinković, “Finite Time Stability of Time Delay Systems”, IMA Journal of Mathematical Control and Information, 17 (2000) 101–109.
7. Šarboh, S. D., S. A. Milinković and D. Lj. Debeljković, “Mathematical Model of the Glass Capillary Tube Drawing Process”, Glass Techn., 39 (2) (1998) 53–67.
8. Milinković, S. A., “Application of an ionization chamber as a gas sensor”, Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research – part A, 408 (2-3) (1998) 562–572.
9. Debeljković, D. Lj., V. B. Bajić, T. N. Erić and S. A. Milinković, “A Lyapunov Analysis of Stability Robustness for Discrete Linear Descriptor Systems”, IMA Journal of Mathematical Control and Information, 15 (1) (1998) 53–62.
10. Milinković, S. A, “Determination of the glass fiber freezing point by time–delay estimation”, Control Engineering Practice, 5 (7) (1997) 943–950