Academic title: 2007, School of Computer Science, University UNION, Belgrade, algorithms and complexity (AL)
PhD: 1994, Carnegie Mellon University - Pittsbirgh, PA, USA Computer Science
Bsc: 1989, New York University - New York, USA Computer Science
Dr Kristina Vuskovic was born on 6/5/1967 in Belgrade, where she finished elementary school and mathematics high school. She graduated in Mathematics and Computer Science (the highest category, average mark: Summa Cum Laude), Courant Institute, New York University (1989). She finished PhD studies in Algorithms, Combinatorics and Optimization, Carnegie Mellon University, awarded jointly by the Department of Mathematics, the School of Computer Science and the Graduate School of Industrial Administration (1994). 1994-96 she was an NSERC Canada International Postdoctoral Fellow at the Department of Combinatorics and Optimization, University of Waterloo. From 1996 to 2000, she worked as assistant professor at the Department of Mathematics, University of Kentucky. In 1998 and 2008 she was a guest at the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro. Since 2000 she works at the Faculty of Computer Science, University of Leeds, where she is a full professor and from 2007 works at the School of Computing, Belgrade, also as a full professor. Her research interests include graph theory, combinatorial optimization and algorithms. She published numerous articles in prestigious international journals. Kristina's grant portfolio includes funding from national science foundations of USA (NSF), UK (EPSRC), Canada (NSERC), Brazil (CNPq) and Serbia. She held lectures by invitation around the world and participates as an editor and reviewer in several professional journals.
Scientific and professional production
- Conforti, M., G. Cornuéjols, X. Liu, K. Vušković, G. Zambelli, “Odd hole recognition in graphs of bounded clique size”, SIAM Journal on Discrete Mathematics, 20 (1) (2006) 42-48.
- Chudnovsky, M., G.Cornuéjols, X.Liu, P.Seymour, K.Vušković, “Recognizing Berge graphs”, Combinatorica, 25(2)2005, 143-186.
- Conforti, M., G. Cornuéjols, K. Vušković, “Square-free perfect graphs“, Journal of Combinatorial Theory B, 90 (2) (2004) 257-307.
- N. Trotignon, K. Vušković, „Combinatorial optimization with 2-joins,“ Journal of Combinatorial Theory B, 102(1) 2012, 153-185.
- M.V.G. da Silva, K.Vušković, „Decomposition of even-hole-free graphs with star cutsets and 2-joins,“Journal of Combinatorial Theory B, DOI:10.1016/j.jctb.2012.10.001, ISSN:0095-8956.
- N. Trotignon and K. Vušković, Combinatorial optimization with 2-joins, Journal of Combinatorial Theory B 102 (2011) 153-185.
- P. Aboulker, M. Radovanović, N. Trotignon, K. Vušković, „Graphs that do not contain a cycle with a node that has two neighbors on it,“ SIAM Journal on Discrete Mathematics, Vol. 26, No. 4, 1510-1531, ISSN:0895-4801, 2012.
- Conforti, M., G.Cornuéjols, K.Vušković, “Decomposition of odd-hole-free graphs by double star cutsets and 2-joins”, Discrete Applied Mathematics, 141 (1-3) (2004) 41-91.
- M.V.G. da Silva, K.Vušković,“Triangulated neighborhoods in even-hole-free graphs”, Discrete Mathematics, 307 (2007) 1065-1073.
- Maffrey, F. N. Trotignon, K. Vuskovic, “Algorithms for square-3PC(.,.)-free Berge graphs”, SIAM Journal on Discrete Mathematics, 22 (2008) 51-71.