Academic title: 2012, School of Computer Science, University UNION, Belgrade, networked computer systems (NC)
PhD: 2004, Tampere University of Technology - Tampere, Electrical and Computer Engineering
BSc: 1999 Faculty of Electrical Engineering - Belgrade, Electrical and Computer Engineering
Djordje Babic was born in 1975 in Sabac, where he finished elementary and high school. He graduated in 1999 at the School of Electrical Engineering, University of Belgrade, majoring in telecommunications. He defended his doctoral thesis in the field of signal processing in telecommunications at Department of Information Technology, Tampere University of Technology, Finland, in 2004. From 1999 to 2004, he was employed as a researcher at the Institute of Telecommunications, Tampere University of Technology. In 2005, he was elected as assistant professor at the Faculty of Information Technology, Slobomir P University, in the field of computer networks and telecommunications. Since 2008 he has been employed at the School of Computing, Belgrade, as an associate professor in the field of networked computer systems. As a DAAD foundation scholarship holder he spent three months of 2008 as a guest researcher at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering Ruhr in Bochum, Germany. He conducts research in the field of signal processing in telecommunications, multirate signal processing, and optimization of telecommunications traffic. He has published over 25 articles in different international journals and at international conferences. Also, he is a reviewer for the journals IEEE Signal Processing Letters, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I, IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing.
Scientific and professional production
- Babic, D. and M. Renfors, “Power efficient structure for conversion between arbitrary sampling rates”, IEEE Signal Processing Letters, 12 (1) (2005) 1-4.
- Babic, D. and M. Renfors, “Decimation by non-integer factor in multistandard radio receivers”, EURASIP Signal Processing, 85 (2005) 1211-1224.
- Babic, D., A. Shahed Hagh Ghadam, M. Renfors, “Polynomial-based filters with odd number of polynomial-segments for interpolation”,IEEE Signal Processing Letters,11(2)(2004) 171-174.
- D. Babic, “Windowing Design Method for Polynomial-Based Interpolation Filters”, Circuits, Systems and Signal Processing, (2013) 32:759–780. DOI: 10.1007/s00034-012-9486-y
- D. Perisic, A. Zoric, D. Babic, D Perisic, “Decoding and prediction of energy state in consumption control, ” Rev. Roum. Sci. Techn. – Électrotechn. et Énerg., 58, 3, p. 263–272, 2013, ISSN: 0035-4066
- Z. Stojanovic, D. Babic, “Bandwidth Calculation for VoIP Networks Based on PSTN Statistical Model ” Facta Universitatis, Journal series: Electronics and Energetics, vol. 23, No. 1. pp. 73-88, April 2010.
- Babic, D., “Reconstruction of Non-uniformly Sampled Signal after Time–Interleaved ADCS using Transposed Farrow Structure”, Eurocon2005, International conference on “Computer as a tool”, November 21-24, 2005, Belgrade, Serbia, vol. 2, 1622-1625.
- Babic, D., “Exploiting equivalence between continuous and discrete time systems,” the 3rd Workshop on Spectral Methods and Multirate Signal Processing SMMSP 2004, Vienna, Austria, September 2004.
- Lehtinen, V., D. Babic, and M. Renfors, “Comparison of continuous- and discrete-time modeling of polynomial-based interpolation filters,” 6th Nordic Signal Processing Symposium (NORSIG 2004), Espoo, Finland, June 9 - 11, 2004, 49-52.
- Lehtinen, V., D. Babic, and M. Renfors, “Arbitrary factorization of decimation ratio for efficient multistage realization ”, XII European Signal Processing Conference EUSIPCO 2004, Vienna, Austria, September 2004, 1409-1412.