Academic title:2013, School of Computer Science, University UNION, Graphic design
MSc: 2005 Maryland Institute College of Art, Baltimore, USA, Graphic Design
Bsc: 1991, Cooper Union School of Art, New York, USA, Fine Arts
Zvezdana Stojmirovic is a designer and educator based in Baltimore, Maryland. She is professor of graphic design in the undergraduate program at the Maryland Institute College of Art. She holds a BFA in fine arts from Cooper Union, an MFA in graphic design from MICA, and has completed the Whitney Museum Independent Study Program, where her work focused on war and the media. Her clients include the New York Times, the Port Discovery Children’s Museum, and the AIGA Baltimore. Her collaborative traveling exhibition on the shifting nature of language, Type/Life (typelife.net), launched at the European Center for Culture and Debate GRAD in Belgrade, Serbia, in December 2010. Her first book, Participate: Designing with User-Generated Content, cowritten with Helen Armstrong, will be out fall 2011. (zvezdana.stojmirovic.org/design)
Scientific and professional production
1. Helen Armstrong, Zvezdana Stojmirović, Ellen Lupton: Participate: Designing with User-Generated Content, ISBN
9781616890254, Publication date 12/12/2011, Princeton Architectural Press
2. Izložba: Galapagos, Brooklyn, New York. Knez and Byzantine Eye, video installations.2004
3. Izložba: Raccoon Space, Long Island City, New York. Knez, a video installation.2004
4. Zvezdana Stojmirović, Designs on eLearning Conference, 15-17 September 2010, avannah College of Art and Design, Georgia, USA.
5. Zvezdana Stojmirović, Design Within Reach, Baltimore magazine, December 2006, p.86.
6. Zvezdana Stojmirović, D.I.Y. design it yourself, edited by Ellen Lupton, Embroidery, author of chapter on embroidery; Princeton Architectural Press, pp. 70 – 75
7. Zvezdana Stojmirović, Print magazine, European Design 2006, May/June 2006, p.147
8. Zvezdana Stojmirović, Dwell Magazine, April 2006, Profiles: J. Abbott Miller, Ellen Lupton, p. 164